The City of Riverbank contracts with Gilton Solid Waste Management to sweep the City's streets. Residential streets are swept twice a month and the downtown area is swept once a week.
STREET SWEEPING TIPS:
The following are good housekeeping practices that will ensure effective and thorough street sweeping operations:
1. Know the Street Sweeping Schedule for your area.
2. Remove large items by hand. The sweeper is not capable of picking up large items such as flattened cardboard boxes, magazines, branches, or fast food bags stuffed with cups and wrappers. These items should be picked up by hand and deposited in the trash can.
3. Remember to park your car off the street during street sweeping days. By moving your car, the street sweepers will be able to sweep the entire pavement, from curb to curb, and collect all the pockets of debris that collect underneath the cars.
4. Move your garbage / recycling containers and any other obstructions from the street prior to your schedules sweeping day.
5. Do not sweep or deposit leaves and yard trimmings in the street. The sweeper is not designed to pick up piles of landscape debris. Please dispose your leaves and yard debris and tree branches (green waste) as part of your regular trash pick-up.
6. Be a good neighbor. Remind your neighbor of the Sweeping Schedule and encourage them to remove their personal property form the street.