City of Riverbank Business License Information
1. Complete all pages of our Business License Application (all sections of the application must be completed).
2. The following must be submitted along with your completed application
A. $25 One-Time, Non-refundable Application Process Fee
B. Copies of Drivers' Licenses/ ID Cards for all Partners listed on the Application.
- Contractors* & Massage Therapist*** please see note below
C. A copy of your Fictitious Business Name Statement
- If your business is a corporation, please attach a listing of all the Corporate Officers to the application.
D. A copy of your Worker's Compensation Policy (if applicable).
- This may be obtained from the Stanislaus county Clerk Recorders Office located at: 1021 I Street, Modesto, CA 95354 - 209-525-5250
E. A copy of your Resale License (if applicable)
3. Please submit your completed application, in person or by mail, to:
4. Please allow 3-4 weeks for approval. Once your license has been approved, the Business License Department will contact you.City of RiverbankAttn: Business Licenses6617 Third StreetRiverbank, CA 95367Phone: 209-863-7109
Business License Fees
The following business license fees are not due until your application has been approved. Every person who engages in business within the City, or who has a fixed place of business within City limits, is required to pay a license fee as follows:
|Number of Employees||Annual Fee|
|51 or More Employees||$200|
|Contractors/ Sub Contractors*||$120 (or $30 per Quarter)|
|Farmers' Market Fee||$15 (per season)|
|SB 1186 Compliance Fee**||$4|
SB 1186 COMPLIANCE**
On September 19, 2012 Governor Brown signed into law SB 1186 which adds a state fee of $1 on any applicant for a local business license or renewal. The purpose is to increase disability access and compliance with construction-related accessibility requirements and to develop educational resources for businesses in order to facilitate compliance with federal and state disability laws, as specified. This fee is a state-mandated fee and cannot be waived for any business. This fee applies to all businesses, including home occupations, any outside company doing business within the city limits, and delivery vehicles. Effective January 1, 2018, this fee will increase from $1 to $4, per application and renewal.
* Contractors/ Sub-Contractors
If you are a contractor or sub-contractor and will be performing only one job within the city limits, the application processing fee may be waived. Your license will be charged on a quarterly basis at $30 per quarter.
*** Massage Therapy License
Please contact the Business License Department at 209-863-7109 for information regarding obtaining your license.