- Feature Links
- Utility Rate Assistance Program
Utility Rate Assistance Program
The Utility Rate Assistance Program (URAP) is designed to assist Seniors (age 65+ for Water & Sewer and age 60+ for Garbage) and Permanently-disabled residents who are considered extremely low-income to receive discounts on their water and sewer bills.
Discount Rate (every 2 months)
Total Discount $49.70 (every 2 months)
Applications are accepted year round. If approved, your discount will be effective the next full billing cycle.
1. Applicant must be a Senior, age 65+ for Water & Sewer/ 60+ for Garbage, - or - permanently- disabled.
2. Account must be a residential account (property cannot be a commercial property, duplex, triplex, four-plex, mobile home park or apartment building with a single meter.
3. Home must have an individual meter.
4. The City of Riverbank utility bill must be in your name.
5. You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
6. Your household must meet the income guidelines in the table below. These guidelines are based on the HCD Annual Income Limits currently in effect at the time your application is submitted. At this time, the 2022 Income Limits are in effect.
|2022 INCOME GUIDELINES|
| # of persons
|Household Annual Income
(all income sources before taxes)
|1||$27,900 or less|
|2||$31,900 or less|
|3||$35,900 or less|
|4||$38,850 or less|
|5||$43,050 or less|
|6||$46,250 or less|
|7||$49,450 or less|
|8||$52,650 or less|
|For each additional person, add: $3,200 per person|
7. You cannot be claimed as a dependent on another person's income tax return (other than your spouse).
8. You must submit a copy of the California Driver's License or California ID for each adult household member.
9. You must verify the household gross annual income by submitting:
*Last years' tax return, including all Schedule C and E filed with the return.
*Social Security/Pension benefit statements, SSI Letter, which is obtained by calling
*Two most recent paystubs (if applicable).
*Copies of any other source of income indicated in Question #4 of the application.
10. You must notify the City of Riverbank if your household no longer qualifies for the program.
11. You are required to recertify your eligibility every two (2) years.
your application here
Utility Rate Assistance Program Application - English
Utility Rate Assistance Program Application - Spanish
Applications can be submitted in person at:
City Hall South
6617 Third Street
Riverbank, CA 95367
Or Via Mail to:
City of Riverbank
Attn: Utility Rate Assistance Program
6707 Third Street
Riverbank, CA 95367